Careprost Eye Drop for Treating Glaucoma
By Admin, Bimatoprost
Glaucoma is an eye condition developed due to high blood pressure in the eye, which results in partial or full vision loss. Careprost is a drug, mainly used to treat glaucoma. Careprost reduces the pressure in the eye, helping the fluids to flow from inside the eye into the blood. Careprost eye drops can be taken by adults and children above 18 years after consultation with the doctor. In most of the glaucoma cases, the doctors prescribe Careprost eye drop in combination with other medications. It is important to follow the doctor's guidelines and use the eye drops regularly. If the medication is abruptly stopped, the pressure in the eye could build up and lead to severe damage.
Uses of Careprost Eye Drops
- Treating Glaucoma - Careprost reduces the fluid pressure inside the eye.
- Ocular Hypertension.
- Treating Hypotrichosis of the eyelashes - Hypotrichosis is a condition where the eyelashes are short and inadequate. Careprost helps in increasing the eyelash length, thickness, and darkness.
How to use Careprost Eyedrops
Previous health history, the severity of hypertension in the eye, and allergic reactions, all the conditions are considered by the expert before recommending the dosage of Careprost eye drops for treating glaucoma. Hence, it is advised to follow doctor instructions.
The patient must use dropper. As instructed by the doctor, the prescribed solution must be taken in the dropper. It is important not to touch eyes with the dropper. The medicine should be poured inside the lower eyelid with the dropper, without contacting the eye. The extra liquid should be wiped off.
- When using for the first time, the patient must check if the bottle is sealed. It is advised never to use if the bottle seal is broken or opened.
- If the patient is using contact lenses, he/she must remove it before using the drops. The patient must wait for at least 15-20 minutes after putting the drops, before putting the lenses back.
- For best results, the patient must put 1 drop once a day. However, it is recommended to follow the instructions of the doctor for usage and duration of the Careprost drops.
Precautions to be taken before using Careprost
- Pregnancy: Careprost should not be recommended for pregnant women, unless necessary. Risks and side effects should be discussed before using the medicine.
- Breast-feeding: A woman in breastfeeding condition shouldn't take Careprost. Alternate medications should be prescribed.
- Contact Lenses: The lenses must be removed before taking the Careprost solution. And the lenses should be reinserted after 20 mins.
- Bacterial keratitis: If the Careprost solution is contaminated, it can cause infection to the cornea. It is important to follow the hygienic process to avoid solution contamination.
- Eyelash changes and Pigmentation: Careprost eye drop may cause a permanent color change of iris, adding brown pigmentation to the iris. The eyelashes may become thicker; however, this may disappear as the medication is discontinued.
After putting the Careprost eye drops, the patient must not drive, use any kind of machinery. The patient may have blurry visionary for 15-20 mins after putting the drops.
Careprost is a very strong medication and works well for treating glaucoma. It is recommended to consult with the doctor before using Careprost eye drops.